Iowa football under Kirk Ferentz has always been known for it’s physical, strong, shove-it-down-your-throat mentality on offense and has long possessed the running game to bring that mentality onto the football field. However, over the past few seasons, it hasn’t been as strong as it once was.
Find the Station
Our studios are located on the third floor of the Iowa Memorial Union, on the north side of the building. The Administrative office is located in room 379, and the studios are located across the hall, in room 380.
Finding the Iowa Memorial Union
Directions from Interstate 80
1. Take exit 244 and proceed South on Dubuque St. toward Iowa City.
2. At the fourth stop light (next to Casey’s), turn right onto Market St.
3. Turn left at the bottom of the hill onto Madison St. The building is on your right.
Directions from US 218
1. Take exit 91 onto Highway 1, and proceed Northeast on Highway 1 toward Iowa City.
2. Immediately after the KFC, turn left onto Riverside Dr.
3. At the second stop light, turn right onto Burlington St.
4. Turn left at the first stop light after the bridge onto Madison St.
5. The building is on your left after two stop signs and a stop light.
Bands may load in using the 30-minute parking spots on Madison St. in front of the building. 1 hour metered parking is available on the South side of the building, next to Hubbard Park. Additional parking is available in the IMU Ramp, across the street from the IMU on Madison St., as well as the North Ramp, located two blocks north of the IMU on Madison St. A limited number of free spots are available after 4:30pm and on weekends in Lot 8, one block north of the IMU on Madison St.
Finding the Studios
From the North Entrance (recommended):
The easiest way to get to KRUI is via the North entrance of the building, with the brick stairs in front. From this entrance, you need only to proceed up the stairwell. An elevator is available via one of the East entrances on Madison St.
From one of the Madison St. entrances:
Proceed up to the third floor using the elevator or stairs straight ahead. Once on the third floor, follow the main hallway to the North end of the building, past the UI Museum of Art, and through a fire door.
From the South Entrance:
Go straight through the large hallway to the left of the information desk, past the Box Office. Hang a right after the IMU Theater and take the elevator/stairs to the third floor. Take a left and follow the hallway to the North end of the building, past the UI Museum of Art, and through a fire door.