By Madeleine Stroth
The fans were here in full force tonight in the CRWC Natatorium for day 2 of the Men’s B1G Swimming & Diving Championships. One Michigan fan even brought a trumpet to play alongside the Wolverine Fight Song every time it played, and oh did it play.
Michigan ended the night at the top of the leader board (253 points) with three B1G Champions, and dominated the 500 yard Freestyle snatching up first, second, and third for the Wolverines.
Iowa currently holds the number four spot (152 points) after today’s events.
Men’s 500 Freestyle Finals:
- Ryan Feeley 4:15:12 (Michigan)
- Conner Jaeger 4:15:65 (Michigan)
- Sean Ryan 4:16:47 (Michigan)
Men’s 200 Individual Medley Finals:
- Kyle Whitaker 1:43:40 (Michigan)
- Daniel Madwed 1:44:47 (Michigan)
- Daniel Lester 1:44:48 (Wisconsin)
Men’s 50 Freestyle Finals:
- Jason Schnur 19:35 (Ohio State)
- Miguel Ortiz (Michigan)
- Daniel Tucker (Purdue)
Men’s 1 Meter Diving Finals:
- Shane Michael (Ohio State)
Men’s 400 Medley Relay Finals:
- Michigan 3:07:32
- Penn State 3:09:09
- Ohio State 3:09:37
Follow tomorrow’s action LIVE with @KRUISports via twitter. Tomorrow’s events include: 400 IM, 100 Fly, 200 Free, 100 Breast, 100 Back, and 3M Diving. Prelims begin at 11:00am. Finals dive in at 6:30pm.